The second phase of the campaign POTPISUJEM.org carried out by the Autonomous Women's Center and partner organizations is committed to the full implementation of Council of Europe Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence against Women and Domestic Violence, which the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia confirmed on 31 October 2013, and which will on 1 August 2014, enter into force at the level of member states.
The campaign is targeting decision-makers at the state and local level, who are required to take all necessary measures so that the standards of the Council of Europe Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence against Women and Domestic Violence become an integral part of the laws, policies and services, and also part of the actions of all relevant institutions (police, social services, prosecution and judiciary, health and education institutions, associations of citizens and the media).
The focus of the campaign at this stage was placed on five themes:
- Urgent safety measures for victims of violence (in accordance with the Convention, Art. 52 and in connection with art. 50)
- Protection from stalking (Convention, art. 37)
- More stringent penalties for perpetrators of violence against women (Convention, art. 45 and art. 46)
- SOS phones to support women who have experienced violence (Convention, art. 24)
- Crisis centers for victims of sexual violence and rape (Convention, art. 25)
Autonomous Women's Center and partner organizations, in cooperation with the Women Against Violence Network, invite citizens across Serbia to support the campaign with their actions, primarily by sending postcards with the message of the campaign on addresses of the relevant decision makers.